Rug Reweaving NY & Rug Repair Services
Looking for top area rug reweaving services in New York? Do you need affordable rug repairs in town? Call 866-936-0761 now! We are your expert team of re-weavers in New York and we can assist you with the entire array of rug restoration and repair NY service at good prices and fast speeds. Get a free price quote from us today by phone or online and let us bring back the lost charm and beauty in your beloved rugs at a fraction of the cost of replacement.
Oriental area rug weaving is one of the most complex, time-consuming and tedious rug restoration methods our technicians are hired to do. Antique carpet owners who have paid thousands of dollars on their precious rugs are usually interested in ways of prolonging the lifespan of their carpets. Good maintenance is, without a doubt, an excellent approach. However, when life happens and your rug has suffered more or less severe damage because of a pet accident, improper cleaning methods or a flood, you need certified cleaners to bring your rugs back to their original state.
We specialize in the entire range of hand-woven rugs made of natural fibers such as cotton, wool or silk. All of our technicians have IICRC certificates and are highly trained and experienced. We take great pride in the high-quality services we provide and we are ready to assist you with any Kilim, Persian, Tabriz, Turkish, Qum Sherkat Farsh, Chinese Art Deco or Peshawar rug.
Popular Oriental area rug re-weaving services we are hired to do:
- area rug reweaving
- carpet repairs
- rug restoration
- hole and tear fixes
- broken fringe repairs
- oriental rug cleaning
Our customer support representatives are fully trained and ready to assist you with any questions, concerns or worries you might express over the re-weaving methods that we use. Rest assured we use the highest standards when performing all reweaving and repair jobs and we use custom solutions for every rug that reaches us.
Area Rug Reweaving Services NY
We always take our time when examining a carpet that requires re-weaving and performing the colorfastness test. Our technicians use their best judgement and know-how when deciding upon the best restoration solutions, yarn, stitching, weaves and more. Our number one goal is to increase the value of your rugs while ensuring a damage-free policy and 100% satisfaction guaranteed. We strive to save each and every carpet that comes our way while adding a plus of value every time we can. For severely damages rugs with missing weaves and broken fringes, we will put even more elbow grease and use the most complex solutions in the industry. No matter how simple or complex the re-rug weaving job, we promise to treat it with the same level of consideration and care.
All unravelled areas and areas with missing patches will be accurately re-weaved using color-matching yarn to ensure satisfying results. Carpets that have been placed in direct sunlight for too long or century-old rugs that have been in the family for many generations will be cleaned using delicate hand-washing solutions prior to the actual weaving process. We will select high-quality yarn, preferably fine wool with natural oils and lanolin that will restore the dirt- and fire-repellant capacities of your rug. Depending on the exact type of rugs you own, it is also possible to use cotton and other natural fibers. If we cannot come across the right shade and color for the yard we plan to use on your carpet, we will generate the ideal colors on our computers and create the unique colors for your rug. This way, you should once again, enjoy the original aesthetics, design, shades and patterns that the weavers have spent thousands of hours on.
We can also effectively replace any missing carpet areas with new patches and get rid of holes and tears of all sizes and shapes. The repairs will be inconspicuous and no one will be able to tell there was ever a problem there to begin with.
Carpet Repair Services In New York
We also specialize in repairing handmade and machine-made Oriental rugs with Belgian wool, Karastan, Persian, Tabuz, Dhurries or Turkish rugs as some of the most popular models we are asked to service. All of the repairs we perform are not only meant to restore the functionality in your carpets, but also to bring back their gorgeous aesthetics and historical tales and Oriental legends in their countries of origins.
Competitive Oriental Area Rug Reweaving Prices NY
A number of factors will contribute to the final bill when hiring us for a rug reweaving job in New York. Give us a call, get a free estimate and find out how much you should expect to pay to have your precious rugs be brought back to life. We charge some of the most competitive prices in the NY area and we warmly invite you to get in touch with us today to find out more.
Call now, schedule an appointment and pay a fraction of the cost of buying a new rug!
Oriental Rug Reweaving
Oriental Area Rugs are woven together with knives, looms, blades, and other tools. They are put together with great care and strength, ensuring they last for generations to come. There are, however, events that can compromise the lifespan of your rug. For example, extensive aging, furniture, and pets can make your rug look worn, leaving holes or areas where your rug requires reweaving. This Rug Repair Process is one of our specialties.
We provide impressive Oriental Rug Repair and Reweaving at Oriental Area Rug Cleaning. We work hard to match the materials and colors of your Oriental Area Rug with the materials and colors we have available in our shop. Though we can’t always use the same materials as the individual who hand-crafted your rug, we can ensure our Rug Repair looks professional, secure, and complete. You’ll never notice the difference!
We guarantee the appropriate count, texture, color, and twist when we reweave your Oriental Area Rug. We want our repair to blend seamlessly with the original color and pattern.
Signs Your Rug Needs Oriental Rug Reweaving
Dirt, grime, and bacteria are a natural part of life. Your rug will, undoubtedly, reach a point where it needs serious Rug Repair, especially if you aren’t the original owner. The older an Oriental Area Rug becomes, the more likely it will need reweaving or other repair services.
Your area rug might need reweaving if you notice holes, pulled threads, extensive stains, burns, or other un-washable messes. Even if your rug needs extensive reweaving, we do not suggest replacing it.
Why? Because no two Oriental Area Rugs are the same, and each deserves to be given as long a life as possible. Besides, reweaving an existing area rug is far cheaper than having a completely new carpet hand-crafted.
At Oriental Area Rug Cleaning, we consider ourselves experts in all things related to Oriental Rug Cleaning. We know the history of Oriental Area Rugs, what materials are used to create them, and the dyeing process used to color them. If there is anyone you can trust to practice Rug Repair, it’s our team of Carpet Cleaning NYC Experts.
For more information, please give our team a call at (866)-936-0761. We look forward to hearing from you, and working with you, soon!
Oriental Style Area Rugs have produced a number of terms that you may not understand. Below are several pre-defined terms that will help you understand the creation and cleaning process of Oriental Style Area Rugs.
- Weave – Interlacing long threads passing in one direction with others at a right angle to them. Also known as entwine, twist, intertwine, plait, or loop.
- Field – The background of Oriental Style Area Rugs where the vast majority of medallions and designs are located. Fields can be broken up into different rectangular, square, or diamond-shaped compartments, which can then be arranged into rows.
- Medallion – An oval or circular painting, panel, or design used to decorate area rugs. Medallions are symmetrical and occupy the center of the field. Parts of the medallion, or corresponding designs, are repeated at the four corners of the field.
- Corner Bracket – The space located between the background and the borders of the carpet. These appear when a rug has a circular or diamond-shaped center.
- Knots – An important part of knotted-pile carpets. Knots are hand-made and come in different styles, types, and methods.
- End Finishes – These can be found along the ends of the rug. They keep knots and wefts in place by securing ends with warp strings and edge bindings.
- Knot Count – Expressed in knots per square inch (kpsi), this measurement relays important structural information. Generally speaking, the ratio between horizontal and vertical knots should be as close to 1:1 as possible, though this takes an intense amount of skill.
- Pile – The density of the fibers. Pile can either be short (flat) or long (shaggy). This goes hand-in-hand with pile height, which measures the thickness of a rug.
- Warps – Pieces of string that are stretched across the frame or loom on which the carpet will be made. The warp is the foundation for the rest of the rug. The tension created by being stretched will provide structure until other components are worked into the piece.
- Wefts – Strings that run parallel to loom beams. An individual string is called a pick. Each pick is inserted over and under the warp strings and between knots placed along the warp strings. It strengthens the rug and solidifies structure. Wool, silk, and cotton are all commonly used as wefts.
- Edge Bindings – Warps will not always be held to loom beams. This means they need to be strengthened along the edges of the rug. To accomplish this feat, yarn is wrapped around a group of warp strings to keep them pulled together. This makes up the edge binding of the rug.
- Fringes – Although the fringes of the rug create an interesting aesthetic, they serve a functional purpose as well. Fringes are the ends of warp string knots, accessible when the rug is released from the loom beams and nearly completed. Fringes keep the ends of the rug tight and hold knots in place.