Our Quality Rug Cleaning Process
For quality work and efficiency, we prefer cleaning carpets and rugs in our shops. It allows us to make use of the best equipment in the cleaning and restoring of your rug. We have in place a standardized and personalized process that’s followed in cleaning.
To maintain the provision of top-notch services, we’ve invested state-of-the-art resources, invested time, and energy. Once you bring your carpet or rug to us, here’s the process we follow.
A careful inspection of the rug is conducted before anything else. It helps establish the type of rug and its condition and identify any fringe issues, stains, or any other damage the rug may have. We then notify you of all the findings we make.
ii.Color & dye test
This test is carried out to determine whether the rugs bleeds or not. Rug bleeding is common if the rug is made from fugitive dyes, or if there is an excess application of the same. Proper measures are put in place when cleaning rugs that bleed.
Rug fibers often hide dirt and other contaminants that are not visible to the naked eye. If a liquid is applied to the rug before vacuuming occurs, the dirt can lead to the formation of mud, making it difficult to clean. That is why we thoroughly vacuum both sides of the rug using specialized vacuum cleaners.
iv.Washing and rinsing
At this point, we now give your rug a proper washing, ensuring that all dirt is removed. If the rug has stains, we may conduct the removal process after or before the washing, depending on the type of stain.
For hand-woven rugs, a manual wash is given while for machine-made rugs, the use of machine washing is preferred.
Proper rinsing is done to remove any organic solution that’s used in the washing process.
After the washing, the rug is then moved to a control temperature room where it is dried. The drying process is carried out in special conditions to ensure that your rug retains its softness.
Once the rug is dry, any repair issues such as holes, and rips are handled.
Protecting Your Rug
In this process, we use Scotchgard oil to protect your rug from foot traffic. For the process to be effective, we recommend having it done 3-5 months.
A final inspection is carried out before the rug is wrapped for delivery to ensure that there is no damage or area not taken care of during the cleaning.
Rug Cleaning Prices
The cost of cleaning a rug varies greatly depending on the attention it requires and also its size. You can only get a price estimate after an on-site consultation or after explaining the details to us on the phone.
Rug Cleaning Tips
Oriental rugs add elegance, color, and coziness to the home. They are made from different materials and with designs inspired by different cultures. But one thing that cuts across all rugs is that they need proper care. Even without the help of expert rug cleaners, it is essential to know how to clean your rugs.
Below are tips to help you out.
- Always follow instructions on the oriental rug. These labels often include information such as heat levels the rug can accommodate, the chemicals not to use, and how to dry the drug. All this is important for a proper clean.
- Prevention is the best protection for your rugs. Reduce traffic on the rug, and try to prevent stains caused by spills and pet urine.
- Avoid rubbing the rugs carelessly. This can cause more damage to your rug or cause further spread of stains.
- Give immediate attention to stains. Leaving them on your rug for an extended period makes it more challenging to clean them out.
- Always test the fiber before applying a chemical or cleaning agent on your rug. This is important because some rugs are made of sensitive material that loses color when it comes into contact with certain chemicals.
- Regularly take your rugs for professional cleaning. We’ve provided tips on how you should take care of your rugs, but do not forget to take them to a professional carpet cleaner.
How much does it cost to have a rug cleaned?
As stated, the cost of having a rug cleaned depends on the size of the rug and the attention that it requires.
Is rug cleaning safe?
Yes. We offer safe rug cleaning services. This is ensured through the use of eco-friendly and organic products only. Working with experienced rug cleaners in NYC also helps to make the process safe.
Will I have to bring the rug for cleaning?
You don’t have to stress about bringing your rug to us as we offer free pickup and delivery in all the areas we serve.
Can a rug be repainted?
Yes. If you chose to give our rug a makeover, you could paint it by using stencil or interior latex paint. However, it is best to have a professional do the painting on your behalf.
Can a damaged rug be restored?
Yes. Rug restoration is possible on any type of rug. It sure does require expertise and is a bit complex, but it is doable.